Visual Artist Residency – Creative Learning, Aberdeen City Council
November 8, 2016
Visual Artist Residency
Creative Learning, Aberdeen City Council
Deadline: 15 November 2016 at 23:00
This Inspiration Point Residency is an opportunity for a visual artist to work alongside Creative Learning on Inspiration Point, a city-wide project and final event highlighting the range of creative opportunities and career pathways in the creative industries.
The aim is to give creative space and inspiration for experimentation, exploration and production for the artist’s own practice alongside a mentoring and/or shadowing opportunity of tutoring and workshop delivery.
The successful applicant will be given the following:
• Access to a studio space in Aberdeen city centre for the duration of the residency
• Shadowing opportunities for art workshops running through Creative Learning’s Make Your Mark programme of art workshops.
• Opportunity to utilise specialist equipment i.e. kilns and jewellery making tools
• Publicity and promotion through the Inspiration Point project and event – Recognition as being an integral part of an inaugural city wide creative project and end event.
• Support from Creative Learning to create and deliver a workshop as part of Inspiration Point
• Exhibition space/open studio opportunity to showcase artists own practice
• Networking and collaboration opportunities
The successful applicant is expected to:
• Devise and deliver pop up workshop/s in line with Inspiration Point aims
• Maintain regular contact with Creative Learning Project Coordinator
• Offer an open studio session at a mutually agreed time
• Document the residency for publicity, promotion and evaluation purposes
• Act as an ambassador for creativity in Aberdeen and the Inspiration Point project
Dates and duration of residency: 5 weeks; 1 – 22 December 2016 and 9 – 22 January 2017
Final Inspiration Point event dates: 17 – 18 February 2017
Eligibility: Practicing visual artists
Artists Award fee: £1500
Completed applications should preferably be submitted via email to email@example.com, or alternatively can be mailed to: Creative Learning, Aberdeen City Council, Top Floor, Rosemount Community Centre, Belgrave Terrace, Aberdeen AB25 2NS
Location: Aberdeen City
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org(email@example.com), or visit http://www.aberdeencity.gov.uk/community_life_leisure/arts/CreativeLearningTeam/CurrentProjectsEvents_1.asp
The deadline is Tuesday 15 November 2016 at 23:00.