Careers | Peacock Visual Arts – Director
March 30, 2016
Peacock Visual Arts (PVA) is the leading contemporary art organisation in Aberdeen and the North East of Scotland. Funded by Creative Scotland and Aberdeen City Council it provides facilities for print making, photography, video, digital design and fabrication and presents an international programme of exhibitions, installations, performances, talks, screenings and gigs. Set up forty years ago as a fine art printmaking workshop it works with major artists from around the world on ambitious and highly acclaimed print publishing, editioning and exhibition projects.
It has a core staff of 12 and an annual turnover around £500,000 The current Director, Lindsay Gordon, will be retiring in 2016 and the Board is looking to recruit a replacement.
To work with the Board of Directors and to lead the staff team at Peacock Visual Arts to achieve its mission “to be renowned locally, nationally and internationally as a centre for excellence and innovation in creativity and the production, education and presentation of art, where artists engage with other professionals and groups in the community to explore aspects of our world and to present the outcomes in innovative ways.”
• The successful strategic and artistic development of PVA
• Its sustained financial viability and growth
• Increased opportunities for artists to create new work and to engage with audiences through interactive projects, exhibitions, installations and events, professional development, interpretation and the promotion of sales
• Increased involvement of people of all ages and abilities in creative activity as a means of empowerment and to increase their understanding through collaborative projects with artists and the provision of learning opportunities
• For PVA to be a catalyst and forum for debates which challenge and inform through the development of critical events, publications and resources
Source: Careers | Peacock Visual Arts