12 Days Of Winter Creative Learning; Aberdeen City Council
November 5, 2014
Deadline: 10 November 2014 at 10:00
The project aims to offer quality experiences in arts, culture and creativity that connect older people to the outdoor environment in order to improve their physical and mental wellbeing.
12 Days of Winter will have two parts and we are looking for 2 creative practitioners: sound/music practitioner for Sounds of Winter and an oral history/written word practitioner for Remembering Winters Past. Creative practitioners will be required to:
• Develop a participatory project that will improve the confidence of older people in Aberdeen to explore the outdoors, improve social interaction of older people experiencing isolation and improve perceptions of older people’s contribution to the cultural life of Aberdeen.
• Develop and deliver information sessions on the lead up to the project to agencies and stakeholders from the field of creative ageing.
• Deliver a high quality participatory project in outdoor and indoor environments and in care home settings in Aberdeen. Sessions will take place over 12 days throughout December 2014 culminating in a sharing event at an outdoor central location.
Interviews for shortlisted artists: Monday 17 November 2014
Individual fee of £1,650 equivalent to 20 half day sessions (to include project development, preparation and delivery) there is additional budget for materials/equipment and for travel to and from Aberdeen if required.
We welcome applications from practitioners with experience of leading high quality participatory arts workshops. Ideally you will be accustomed to working with people who have varying levels of creative ability and previous involvement in the arts and be an excellent communicator. It is desirable that you have a full UK driving licence and PVG membership.
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
• Contact number
• Your CV (maximum 4 sides A4)
• 2 examples of your work (please send URL or files no larger than 4MB)
• Information on your experience of using your practice in participatory settings (150 words max)
• How you would use your practice to deliver the project aim (200 words max)
• Please confirm your availability in relation to the interview date and detail your availability in December 2014.
For a project outline or more information about the project please contact Alison Black on 01224 814730 or email email@example.com