AberdeenshireArts | Opportunities

February 25, 2014

Awards of up to £1500 available

Posted: 25/02/2014

Aberdeenshire Council is committed to supporting the work of its resident artists and encouraging innovative professional practice in contemporary arts and crafts.

In a partnership with Creative Scotland, the local authority has established two award schemes as a means of assisting individual artists and makers. Funds can help towards activities that are integral to the practitioner’s personal and professional development, such as the immediate costs of researching, creating and presenting new work or advancing skills, technical ability and ideas.

The Visual Artists Awards Scheme is aimed at practitioners in the fields of drawing, painting, sculpture, print making, photography, moving image and filmmaking.

The Craft Makers Award Scheme is principally concerned with contemporary creative work conceived, designed and made by individual practitioners in ceramics, furniture and wood, glass, jewellery and metalwork, lettering, musical instruments, textiles and basket-making.

Funds Available

There is a total of £3,000 available in this round.

The maximum award is £1500 and whilst applications can be for the full amount, this may not automatically be awarded. The panel may offer an amount other than that requested, dependant on how well the application meets key criteria, value for money and in context of demand for funds from other applicants.

Successful applicants will be given 90% of their funds when awarded, with the remaining 10% to be given on receipt of a project report after they have completed their proposed activity.

Deadline

The final round of submissions for both award schemes need to be received no later than:

5pm, Friday 11 April 2014

The Awards Panel will meet within two weeks of the deadline date. Successful and non successful applicants will receive notification of the panel’s decision soon after by email.

Please download the Application Form and Guidelines below.

Contact e-mail address

vacm@aberdeenshire.gov.uk

Location

Aberdeenshire

Organisation

Aberdeenshire Council & Creative Scotland

Closing date for application

11/04/2014

via AberdeenshireArts | Opportunities.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: