Four Seasons Project – Creative Collaborators/Choreographers
Aberdeen International Youth Festival and Citymoves Dance Agency are looking to appoint four Creative Collaborators/Choreographers to work on an exciting new project – The Four Seasons, funded by Get Scotland Dancing as part of the Glasgow 2014 Cultural Programme. The Four Seasons project will be led by Royston Maldoom and Tamara McLorg, working with groups of young people across AberdeenCity and Aberdeenshire.
Creative Collaborators/Choreographers will work with Royston Maldoom and Tamara McLorg, to create and teach choreography which will culminate in a performance at His Majesty’s Theatre on Sunday 20th July 2014. The project will begin with dance artist training, in Aberdeen followed by leading groups in one of four dance hubs, Aberdeen, Banchory, Elgin and Fraserburgh.
Successful candidates will need to be available to commit to the project from Thursday 26th June to Sunday 20th July inclusive.
- Work with the Royston Maldoom and Tamara McLorg intensively to develop the project before working with the participants
- Plan, schedule and deliver workshops on behalf of the project partners, with a target aim of working with around 100 community participants in total through the identified schools, groups and organisations
- Choreograph sections of The Four Seasons within the overall vision set by the lead artists
- Support the participants during the rehearsal period, production and performance weeks
- Act as an advocate for the project and the project partners
- To collect anecdotal and statistical data (guidelines will be provided) from the participants and other aspects of the project
- Work with the project’s external evaluators where necessary
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Experience in dance, ideally vocationally trained or equivalent
- A strong grounding in contemporary dance technique
- Strong communication skills
- Be presentable, friendly and confident with an approachable manner
- Well organised with a flexible and proactive approach to work
- Willingness to work independently as well as a team member
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends
- Share the vision that contemporary dance can be used as a powerful force for realising the potential of individuals and communities
- An ability and genuine passion to deliver workshops in a variety of settings with young people from a wide range of backgrounds and with a wide range of dance experience
Provisional project dates (you will need to be available for all sessions):
Thursday 26 & Friday 27 June Dance Artist Training
Saturday 28 & Sunday 29 June All groups rehearsal weekend
Tuesday 1 July – Friday 4 July Dance Artist Training
Monday 7 July – Friday 11 July Rehearsals at dance hubs
Monday 14 July – Wednesday 16 July Rehearsals at dance hubs
Thursday 17 & Friday 18 July All groups rehearsal
Saturday 19 & Sunday 20 July Dress rehearsal and performances
£3,000 + agreed expenses (freelance contract)
Confirmation of appointment will be subject to a satisfactory PVG Scheme record update request
How to Apply:
To apply for this vacancy please send your CV and a cover letter stating your experience and why you are interested in the role, to: Jennifer Phillips, Acting Artistic Director, Citymoves Dance Agency, c/o Aberdeen Art Gallery, Schoolhill, Aberdeen AB10 1FQ or email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 9am on Thursday 20 February 2014.
Interviews will take place in Aberdeen on Friday 28 February 2014.
Call for Creative Collaborators