LEAFING THE GREEN Public Art Project Manager
May 1, 2012
Leafing-the-Green is a two year writer in residence project focused on The-Green-Townscape-Heritage-Initiative (THI) area of Aberdeen. It is funded by Creative Scotland’s Partners programme and the THI. The project reaches its conclusion in October 2012 and part of the planned legacy is the installation of a plaque trail through the area using the writer’s work.
We are seeking a Project Manager to achieve installation of the plaque trail ready for the end of project celebrations in September/October 2012.
Project Manager Responsibilities:
- Work with the writer and designer to achieve a strong artistic end product within the practical demands of the project
- Manage appropriate relationships, permissions and reporting procedures
- Manage installation including site research and preparation
- Manage technical, health and safety and risk assessment issues
- Establish maintenance, insurance and ownership processes
- Manage the LTG public art budget in collaboration with the Leafing the Green Manager
- Resolve snagging
- Coordinate work for inclusion in printed material for the trail
- Contribute to the launch event
The budget for the creation and installation of the 8 plaques is in the region of £5,000 (excluding VAT) and separate to the Project Management fee.
The Public Art Project Manager will report directly to the Leafing the Green Manager from the Arts Education Team and make reports to the Leafing the Green Steering Group.
How to apply
Apply in writing detailing previous experience of managing public art installations and how you meet the responsibilities as detailed above. Please include how you would approach the contract, an estimated number of days, your daily rate and expenses and your proposed timescales to deliver the project by mid September 2012. You may include a CV, maximum 3 sides of A4. (Pdf files are preferred to avoid compatibility/formatting issues.)
Deadline for applications: 12 noon, Wednesday 16May 2012
Interviews: Wednesday 23 May 2012
For further information on public art in Aberdeenplease visit Public-Art-Aberdeen.